Sometimes we complain that government entities are useless! However, for buyers, sellers, and homeowners in general, there is a great resource out there at your fingertips. And it is free and convenient! It is offered by your local county property appraiser. Their internet sites have a variety of functions that offer you a bounty of useful information. Some of the things you can find there include:
- Your home's current assessment of value.
- Your home's current exemptions (Homestead Exemption, for example).
- List of your home's features that were used to determine your assessment.
- Past sales of your home, and often, recent sales of other homes in your area.
- Links to the Tax Collector's site so you can see if your tax payment was received.
- For investors you can see if a home has delinquent taxes and/or any tax liens.
- Maps that show general boundries of your property.
- Maps that show Flood Zone designations, Future Use designations, etc.
- Online pamphlets about the exemptions you may qualify for. There are several more than just the Homestead Exemption.
- In Pasco County the site can connect you to the county records database so you can even pull up copies of a property's deeds and mortgages for the past 15 years.
- Contact information for the appraisers' offices and hours of operation.
If you would like to check out your Property Appraiser's sites for counties near Zephyrhills you can click on their names below to be taken there:
If your county is not listed here, you can do a Google or Yahoo search to find the appraiser site for the county in which you reside. Most counties will have an online site for your use, though each one will be set-up differently and offer different items.
I also invite you to visit my website at: www.jelwell.century21bnr.com where you will also find links to these sites and a whole lot more!
John Elwell - REALTOR
Bill Nye Realty, Inc.
Licensed in Florida