When I lived back in New York, our state fair always took place in August when the weather was hot and the kids were all out of school. Here, our Florida State Fair occurs in February when our weather is pleasantly mild and during the week the kids are in school leaving the fairgrounds less crowded.
This year promises to be just as fun-packed as those of the past. Some of the scheduled activities and performers are:
- Corn Dogs & Cracker Country
- The Leroy Van Dyke Country Gold Tour
- Circus Hollywood
- Racing Pigs
- Lots of Thrill Rides
- A great midway
- Competitions for: Photography, Baking, Preserves, China Painting, Sewing, Needlework, Crafts, Wood Carving, Horticulture, and many MORE!
- And lots of tasty fair food that we all remember from when we were kids.
- Too many other fun activities to list here.
There are SPECIAL PRICE DAYS for students and seniors.
To find out more about prices, dates, hours of operation, all scheduled events, a map of the fair's location, driving instructions, and contact information, just click on the following link: FLORIDA STATE FAIR INFORMATION You can also call: 813-621-7821 or toll free 1-800-345-FAIR (3247)
The fairgrounds are located at: 4800 Highway 301 North, Tampa, FL 33610
John Elwell - REALTOR
Bill Nye Realty, Inc.
Licensed in Florida