1. Are you and your broker licensed to sell real estate in the State of Florida or the state where the property is located? Is your license “active”?
2. Are you a member of the National Association of Realtors® (NAR) and do you comply with their “code of ethics”?
3. Do you live in Pasco County? (Or the local area where the property is located)
4. Do most of your real estate transactions take place in Pasco County, and therefore make you very familiar with the local market and sales trends?
5. How will you be paid? What will happen in the unlikely event that my home does not sell during the listing period?
6. Will you offer a discount on the commission if you personally find the person(s) who successfully purchases my home?
7. Will I be required to pay any money “up front”?
8. As my real estate agent, you will be investing your money and time in advertising fees and other activities to promote my home. What will I owe you in the unlikely event that my home does not sell?
9. Will you or your company require me to use a particular title company, or will I be free to choose which company I wish to use?
10. Will I be required to purchase a home warranty for the benefit of the buyers?
11. What motivation do you have to price my home at the highest reasonable level?
12. Will you or other licensed agents be available to show my home to buyers or will I have to give tours and provide information by myself?
13. Since I, as the seller, am not familiar with state and federal regulations, and the laws concerning real estate transactions, could I be at risk of doing or saying something wrong or making some other mistake if I were to be responsible for giving out information and conducting tours of my home?
14. When I call you will I be able to speak directly with you or will I speak to different people each time? Will I have your personal number to use when I need to speak to you?
15. Will I need to be at home all the time or will you place a lockbox on my home? Do you use the most secure type of lockbox or do you use the less secure combination lockbox?
16. In what ways will you market my home and expose it to the greatest number of potential buyers? How extensively to do you use the internet?
17. Will my home be placed in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)?
18. If it will be advertised in the MLS, what will you offer cooperating agents to encourage them to bring potential buyers to see my home?
19. Will you be able to give me advice concerning how to prepare my home to make it more attractive to potential buyers?
20. Will you personally be involved in negotiations once offers begin to come in, or will I be on my own?
21. Will you help coordinate inspections, repairs, showings, etc. or will the be my responsibility?
22. Will you be available outside of regular business hours; such as evenings, weekends, and holidays; if I need to contact you or if someone wants to see my home?
23. How many agents work for your company?
Selling your home is one of the most important decisions that you will make. Therefore, I urge you to carefully consider whom you will choose to market your home. There are many companies out there with different plans, services, and commission rates. Only you can decide which one offers a program that best fits your needs, and therefore, will be more likely to help you achieve your goals. Often the old adage is true. "You get what you pay for."
Of course, if you are in the Pasco County area of Florida I hope that you will allow me to assist you. However, no matter whom you decide to sign a listing agreement with, I wish you the best of luck! Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if I can assist you in any way.
To find out how I will answer each of these questions, please call me at: 813-783-4444 or e-mail me at: email@example.com I will be happy to show you how I do business for my customers.
I also invite you to visit my my website where I think you will find a lot of useful information. To get there just click on the following link: www.jelwell.century21bnr.com
© John Elwell - June 2006
John Elwell - REALTOR
Bill Nye Realty, Inc.
Licensed in Florida