If you are looking for a place to spend a day with your family, friends, or neighbors, this place is worth a try. There is a lot to do and it will not cost you a fortune to visit this park.
Part of the reason people love Florida is that we can enjoy the outdoors all year long without getting parts of our bodies frostbitten. I can think of no better way to spend a perfect Florida day than at this nearby sanctuary. And all of this for just $4.00 for a carload of up to 8 persons!
Here are some of the many and varied activities you can take part in at this state park:
- Bicycling on the 1.6 mile Wetlands Restoration Nature Trail or the 2.2 mile Park Loop Trail.
- Canoeing and Kayaking - You can bring your own watercraft or rent one at the park.
- Fishing - You can fish in the Hillsborough River for bass, catfish, and bream. You do need to have a valid Florida freshwater fishing license to do this though.
- Hiking - There are 4 trails to choose from and a total of 7.3 miles of trails in all. What a great way to exercise and see some scenery at the same time.
- Wildlife Viewing - Take an opportunity to see animal and plant life that you will not see on the way to Walmart or on a walk around your subdivision. On my first trip there I got to know two alligators from a safe distance!
- Picnicking - There are pavilions and picnic tables for your use. You can even rent some of the pavilions for special occasions. Al fresco dining at its rustic best.
- Swimming Pool - There is a seasonal swimming pool. Fees are just $2.00 per day per person for people over the age of 5 years.
- Playground for the small fry.
- Camping - There is Full Facility Camping for RV's and tents. There is also Primitive Camping available. They say pets are welcome, but make sure you pick up after them. Showers are available for campers.
This is just a partial list of all that is available to you at the Hillsborough River State Park. For more information you can visit their website at: http://www.floridastateparks.org/hillsboroughriver/ You can also call the park at: 813-987-6771
You can also download a nice brochure about the park in PDF Adobe format for your own use or to give to someone by clicking on the following link: Download HillsboroughParkbrochure
There are many other great state parks around Florida. To see links to them, click on the following hotlink: http://www.floridastateparks.org/FindaPark.cfm to find information about them.
If I can be of any assistance to you concerning real estate matters in the Zephyrhills and East Pasco areas of Florida, do not hesitate to contact me at: 813-783-4444 or e-mail me at: email@example.com
I also invite you to visit my main webpage at: www.jelwell.century21bnr.com
John Elwell - REALTOR
Bill Nye Realty, Inc.
Licensed in Florida